This chickpea tomato salad is super easy with simple and healthy ingredients. The tasty sauce made from lemon, chilli and garlic is the key here. You can serve this as a side dish or a light meal.
Chickpea Tomato Salad
4 portions – Cooking time appr. 20 minutes
- 400 g (14 ounces) chickpeas in water (you can also use dried chickpeas, about 175 grams / 6 ounces), drained and rinsed
- 2-3 large tomatoes cutted
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- fresh basil
- (Romaine salad)
- 1 green chilli, thinly cut, without the seeds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 lemons (juice and zest)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- black pepper to taste
- If you are using dried chickpeas, follow the instructions given in the package. If you are using ones in water, drain and rinse. Put aside.
- Prepare the sauce. Put all the ingredients into a small jar with tight lid and shake. Taste, add lemon juice or oil or seasoning if needed.
- Combine tomatoes, onion and basil with the chickpeas and mix carefully. Add the sauce and mix.
- If you want, you can use side salad or Roman lettuce and put the chickpea salad on top of them. You can also serve fresh bread with the salad.
- Enjoy! 🙂